Tyre Levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanH

What do you use?

During some pretty aggressive tyre fitting last night, my Topeak levers (part of a multi-tool) snapped in half. Probably my fault, but I should probably replace them with something more sturdy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Park Lever Blue

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

raleighnut

Legendary Member
VAR tyre lever tool.

92zzzvar.jpg

PLus one for that they can be a bit thick but bombproof
+1 more. I was breaking one lever per tyre change (marathon+ on 16" wheels) until I got them.

During some pretty aggressive tyre fitting last night, my Topeak levers (part of a multi-tool) snapped in half. Probably my fault, but I should probably replace them with something more sturdy.

Bummer. I've got a topeak Hexus II with tyre levers that was recommended to me, and the person that recommended also told me never to use the tyre levers on tyres. The levers actually have several other uses, so breaking them is a bit of a disaster. One of them is also a spoke wrench, and the other has a allen key built in that is needed for the chain breaker.

OP
OP
DanH

DanH

+1 more. I was breaking one lever per tyre change (marathon+ on 16" wheels) until I got them.

Bummer. I've got a topeak Hexus II with tyre levers that was recommended to me, and the person that recommended also told me never to use the tyre levers on tyres. The levers actually have several other uses, so breaking them is a bit of a disaster. One of them is also a spoke wrench, and the other has a allen key built in that is needed for the chain breaker.

I've noticed replacements sets available for £4. Something to mull over. Perhaps as well as the dedicated tyre lever - Park Lever Blue seems to be the general consensus

D

Deleted member 1258

I've got an ancient set of metal ones, they're that old I've forgotten where I got them from and how much they cost, but they get the job done.

Top Bottom