Tyre life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

water

I know it's a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string" but approximately how many miles could I expect to get from Specialized All Conditions 25mm tyres?.
Cheers.

longers

Legendary Member
Not a daft question to people who've used those tyres. I had a pair of the 28's and did 1600 miles precisely (to the dot) before I wanged them in a skip for starting to puncture too often.

OP
OP
W

water

Mmm,was hoping for more than that for the money [I'm Scottish you see!!;)].
Was that purely road use[tarmac]?
Cheers.

longers

Legendary Member
I'ma yorkshireman so I wasn't happy either (and mine came free with the bike) but approx 500 of those miles were on the Transpennine Trail.

alfablue

I used a pair over 5 years on road and gravel paths, probably did about 4000 miles, eventually the tread showed signs of starting to delaminate from the sidewall - I replaced them before it became an issue. I am very happy with that, I think age had as much to do with the failure as mileage as the tread was still okay. I just bought another set. I do keep them pumped up hard.

simoncc

Just replaced the Schwalbe Marathons on my tourer. They've done 7200 miles. I'm keeping the front one as a spare as it isn't worn out like the rear.

toontra

Veteran
simoncc said:
Just replaced the Schwalbe Marathons on my tourer. They've done 7200 miles. I'm keeping the front one as a spare as it isn't worn out like the rear.

That's given me an idea! Swap the front & rear tyres every 1,000 miles or so.

Top Bottom