tyre paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

legoearth

can anybody suggeat a black paint that can be applied to tyres along the tread not the side wall, to cover up a white paint line that runs all the way around ? thanks in advance for any advice.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
if your putting it on the tread surely it would compromise your grip until it wore off? and then you are back to where you started.

The only thing i can suggest is something like...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_206345_langId_-1_categoryId_165495

What sort of tyres do you have ? might be safer and relatively inexpensive to just change them .

OP
OP
L

legoearth

sharpie/marker pen just rubs off! They are brand new scwalbe tyres on a cube analog. Dont know why they put the line on.it was brought online and the coulour I chose didnt have the white line,but thats how it arrived! Thought it might wear off but hasnt yet,its so irrittating and looks daft!

OP
OP
L

legoearth

thanks all. It just looks daft. ok if you're a teenager!! tried spray paint,that just peeled off! think its indestructable. Its also a safety hazzard.just keep watching the wheel as it goes round.Any ideas why they would put it on the tread??? its just two lines near the edge of the tyre.

redjedi

Über Member
fossyant said:
Tyres often come coloured these days....... I am one of those tarts that like coloured tyres......

Hello, did someone call.:wacko:

I've just fitted white tyres to my bike and think they look great, except for the horrible black stripe down the middle :wacko:

I don't think the white line is painted on, it will go all the way through. Just put up with it until you can replace them.

What colour is the rest of the bike?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Mismatched tyres <shudder>

26x25 will be telling you next that it doesn't matter if the logo on the sidewall matches up with the valve stem next.

Top Bottom