Tyre pressure advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sebinho

Hello, I'd like to know suitable pressures for my road bike tyres. I've tried a number of online calculators and they all give very different results, some beyond the pressure limits of the tyres. Here are the details: bike: 9.2 Kg (20.3 lb), me: 94 Kg (207 lb) tyre size: 700x23c rim: 13x622 (13mm internal width?). Tyres are slicks and the road surface is good and for the foreseeable future, bone dry. Pressure range of tyres: 100-120 PSI.

Any advice please on a good calculator or pressure suggestions?

Thanks,

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would try 110 PSI rear and 100 PSI front and see how I got on with those.

I use this chart a lot and it seems to agree with the other opinions here.

bertopresschart_wm.jpg

si_c

Guru
When I ran 23s previously (at 100kg, so slightly more than your weight) I ran 110 rear 105 front with no problems at all (Vittoria Rubino tyres).

vickster

Legendary Member
I go for 100ish front and rear on 23/25/28s....same sort of bodyweight :blush:

Couldn't say when I last had an actual deflation due to damage to inner tube rubber (I'm more likely to wreck the valve being ham fisted with the pump :ph34r:) Certainly not in many 000s of miles and that's on rubbish surfaces for the most part

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Seconded here. I'm 95kg and when I'm on 23mm tyres run 95-100 psi front and +5-10psi higher at the back. Seems to ride about right without any pinch punctures which is the risk when running lower pressures. You can run slightly lower for more comfort but it is trial and error, if you start getting pinch punctures then increase the pressure again.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hello, I'd like to know suitable pressures for my road bike tyres. I've tried a number of online calculators and they all give very different results, some beyond the pressure limits of the tyres. Here are the details: bike: 9.2 Kg (20.3 lb), me: 94 Kg (207 lb) tyre size: 700x23c rim: 13x622 (13mm internal width?). Tyres are slicks and the road surface is good and for the foreseeable future, bone dry. Pressure range of tyres: 100-120 PSI.

Any advice please on a good calculator or pressure suggestions?

Thanks,

What tyre width? All I can see above is external and internal rim widths.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
My perference is around 95psi rear and 90psi at the front although I do weigh about ten kilograms less than you. Anything higher than that and I find the ride too firm. I also run 25s rather than 23s.

Top Bottom