Tyre Pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
Hi all, what tyre pressures would you recommend for a big fat b*****d?
I can't see 120 doing to good with my weight on them. I'm big lad, 5 11 n a bit. But chunky. I'm thinking about 90, but I'll ask the world as tyre pressure has always got me.

Mick
I am 133 and run my 25s at 110 and thet is comfortable and I have no issues.

Vittoria Rubinos Steel Bead

OP
OP
Wetdog

Wetdog

Thank you very much for the help guys appreciated, now where do I buy a gauge?

Kajjal

Guru
I am 6ft7, a scorpio, enjoy french films and italian food......

Ah not that kind of forum :ohmy:

I weigh 100kg roughly and ran 23mm tyres at 105 psi with no pinch flats or punctures.

On my current bike i have 30/32mm tyres both at 80psi with no problems and take it off road as well.

I use a joe blow track pump :bicycle:

Dan_Marshall

I'm at 106 kg and roll my 25mm tyres (Durano Plus) at 120 psi both front and back.

Rolls well for me, great grip, no (touch wood) pinch flats or any other punctures at all. The ride is firm but still very comfy and I like it that way.

Me, a hobbit 5' 3" and 93kg, ride on 25's at 105 front & 115 psi on the rear, no pinch puncture since keeping to the principle of checking tyre pressures before every ride. I see so many commuters riding on under pressure tyres.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
I'm at 106 kg and roll my 25mm tyres (Durano Plus) at 120 psi both front and back.

Rolls well for me, great grip, no (touch wood) pinch flats or any other punctures at all. The ride is firm but still very comfy and I like it that way.

Same as me weight wise & tyres my Durano plus say a max of 115 psi so run both front & rear at that

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm 6'3" and about 130Kg, I still use 700x23, at full pressure on road bike, 700x28s are about 90psi on the commuter. Tires are nothing spectacular, I think the road tires are from Ari Nashbar, and the commuter tires are Bontraeger hard case, IIRC.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
I'm not so sure that all these track pumps with built in gauges are very accurate at all , does anyone actually check them against a dedicated tyre pressure gauge , if so what gauge do you use I'd certainly like to double check mine .

Felix79

I'm 6'3" and about 130Kg, I still use 700x23, at full pressure on road bike, 700x28s are about 90psi on the commuter. Tires are nothing spectacular, I think the road tires are from Ari Nashbar, and the commuter tires are Bontraeger hard case, IIRC.

Hi there. I am roughly the same as you, I'm around 6'4" and weight around 130-135kg. I only got my "road bike" yesterday and I have been finding the ride a bit too firm on the crappy road surface where I live. I've been wanting to find someone who was a similar "build' to me, so I could find out if it was doable to have a slightly lower pressure so I can have a more compliant ride, or if I would have to endure the firm ride until my extremely poor fitness improves enough that I am able to get onto some of the smoother surfaces near me.

So it seems I would be best off buying a pair of 700x28 tyres and running them at a lower PSI and it won't be a disaster waiting to happen? Thanks to you posted in this thread, I now have some hope of adjusting the quality of my bikes ride.

Top Bottom