Tyre pressure....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tend to agree with the idea that the pull-to-lock is odd. Whether it is better or worse, who knows? I've only ever seen this on modern cycle pumps. Old Schrader foot pumps always went the other way.

xzenonuk

Veteran
track pumps are a must have imo for just before you leave.

i always use our cheapo ones to get the tyre up to what pressure i want effortlessly before every ride pretty much and none of them have failed yet despite the cheap price :smile:

i think this is the normal pump i always have on my road bike https://www.decathlon.co.uk/920-alloy-mini-hand-pump-115psi-id_8359384.html

only had to use it once and got my flat up too about 60 odd psi which was enough to get the bike back and ride it the last few miles after my first puncture on it.

don't see my mtb one on the site guess they don't sell it any more.

Last edited:

Alan O

Über Member
track pumps are a must have imo for just before you leave.
Yep, I think their popularity is the most impressive development I've found since I resumed cycling a couple of years ago. Carbon, disk brakes, suspension, index gearing... pah, look at my pump!

Seriously, just a few seconds is all it takes, and almost no effort - way easier than the arm-aching old pumps. Best £25 I've spent on cycling in recent years.

Top Bottom