Tyre recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenorman

Hi all

Most of my riding on my hybrid bike is a combination of urban and bridleway/paths, many of which are muddy or loose gravel. For a few years I've been using Schwalbe Landcruisers, which seem an ideal match for the combination of riding I do. They're quite good on the rolling resistance, and certainly have enough tread/lugs to handle pretty muddy paths and bridleways. The problem I'm getting is the tyre walls cracking quite rapidly - believe me it's not due to under inflating! I wondered whether it was the bottle dynamo, but it's even on both sides and on both tyres. I'm just looking at the second set that has plenty of rolling rubber surface left but cracked walls, and so looking at alternatives. Obviously the Landcruiser isn't the most expensive tyre that Schwalbe do (maybe I'm getting what I pay for) but I had heard mention that walls cracking was a problem with several Schwalbe tyres. Does anyone have recommendations for alternatives that are both good for bridlepaths and gravel, and yet not too slow on tarmac?

Cheers

Top Bottom