Tyre Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wookee

Hello all, yep I know that tyre suggestion threads are popular, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so thought I'd start another one!

I spend my time predominantly on tarmac, but my commute does include either the gravel below for about half a mile each way or the River Lea towpath for a lot of miles occasionally. I have marathon Plus' on at the moment, but I'm not keen on them for being heavy, a bit 'squirrely' and really hard to get on and off - especially if I needed to do this at the side of the road. Can anyone suggest tyres that will come near to the puncture proofness of these and be able to cope with my needs without the drawbacks of the MP's??
Gravel.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I really like Marathon Mondial, being a touring tyre they're a tad lighter than M+, roll a bit better, and are easier to fit, although with the commensurate lower protection level... still quite a tough tyre though.

Smudge

Veteran
Standard Marathon are level 5 PP, as opposed to the M+ level 7..... easier to fit than M+ and i think they ride better.
Also Delta Cruiser Plus.... also level 5.
If you want a tyre thats a bit more offroad with side knobs but a smooth center, then Landcruiser Plus with level 5 PP.

OP
OP
Wookee

Wookee

Thank-you both. I have the standard Marathons on my Brompton and was wondering if they would meet my criteria - I might give them a go.

OP
OP
Wookee

Wookee

some more to add to the list - thank-you:okay:

Top Bottom