Tyre Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Cheers mate. :okay:
You know what , for now I might stick with the tyres I have for a couple of months and see what comes up in the Autumn.
Thanks for everyones advice...... its in the memory bank......

Cheers mate. :okay:
You know what , for now I might stick with the tyres I have for a couple of months and see what comes up in the Autumn.
Thanks for everyones advice...... its in the memory bank......

Well,I have Vittoria's on my MTB,and I have stuck with them for a good few years now.Great tyres.
But no doubt I will be on here asking for alternatives in the not too distant future :tongue:
The Spesh I had on my other bike lasted me a long time,hence the thumbs up for them.
The choices are many these days.

My two peneth if not to late, 12,000 miles on a front gator no punture average speeds at the time 15+mph all conditions all rides (including transport) all weathers didn't miss a beat, back 7,000+ one puncture @Big Dave laaa commuting is not all about speed its about getting there with as little fuss as possible. if i am going to the Hospital I know how long it takes me, I don't want to have to set off 20 mins earlier than I want to, I could still get a puncture but experience counts.

Nebulous

Guru
Lots of people use marathon + for commuting. I replaced a tyre on my cyclocross commuter and went for a plain marathon. No problems at all so far, with about 1000 miles. It would still get you your discount and fitting, available in 28 (I have a 32)

Crikey !!! ,that's a lot of mileage Nigel.
As I said to @Truth ,everyone has their go to tyre,and there are a lot of mostly forgotten brands as well.
The chap across from me has Ritchey tyres on his road bike,and always has.Thinking about it,it may be a CX bike.
And my work colleague has Kenda's,and always has.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Hi All,
Well my tyres have deteriorated quickly in a month so took it in today and have gone for the Gatorskins in the 700 x 25 , I'm never off road really so opted for them.
Having a SRAM '9'chain fitted at the same time (the other probably had a few miles left in it but was stretching) and a chain and drive clean so all in its about £70 with my BC discount.
Can't complain at that really.
Oh and when I get my 1st puncture after about 5 miles on these Gators I will be on here moaning at all the Gator fans! :laugh:
Nigel, did I read that right, you have got 12,000 miles out of a Gatorskin? Thats amazing :okay:
have a good Bank Holiday all :hello:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gone for the Gators now mate :smile:

Oh and when I get my 1st puncture after about 5 miles on these Gators I will be on here moaning at all the Gator fans! :laugh:
Nigel, did I read that right, you have got 12,000 miles out of a Gatorskin? Thats amazing :okay:
have a good Bank Holiday all :hello:
Yep front did 12,000 without a puncture, though I did get a few pinch puncture over distance more on the back i think but sure I had one on the front. My current set are on 262 miles no issues. 700x23c

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Brilliant mate! Would be happy with mine lasting half that time......:smile:
My current tyres only lasted a 1/6 of that time :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Sorry to bring this one up again but just one last quick question . The tyres are on and I am happy with the ride. I have a couple of inner tubes left in the tyre size previous to these 700 x 25's . Will these inner tubes to fit 700 x 28 - 700 x 37 be ok to use with the new tyres , obviously they won't be ideal but will they do a job?

Top Bottom