Tyre width and loose rock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billflat12

Veteran
I'm leaving the forum for a bit because this is getting silly.
You really need to listen to yourselves. The next thing, you're going to tell me I should never cross the road because I might get run over by a bus.

Guess we never really grow up; only learn how to act in public.​

Motozulu

Über Member
Has Lulu flounced out of the room then? :sad: Shame - all seemed pretty innocent to me. Oh well.

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
OK, guys, I'm back. I took some very sensible advice, and this thread looks a whole lot better for it :biggrin:

I don't have any news about the bike, though. It's still in the final assembly stage - yes, they could have just sent it to me in bits, and I'd be up the mountains on it by now! - but the latest shipping date they've given me is next Monday, so I should be out on it by the end of next week.

We're actually having torrential rain here at the moment, so I'm quite glad I haven't got it because it would be very frustrating. I don't like riding in the rain (although that would be over-ridden by having a new bike to play with) but this kind of rain can cause flash floods in the mountains, so I wouldn't want to risk going up there. The trails should be "interesting" when it all settles down, though.

VamP

Banned
We're actually having torrential rain here at the moment, so I'm quite glad I haven't got it because it would be very frustrating. I don't like riding in the rain (although that would be over-ridden by having a new bike to play with) but this kind of rain can cause flash floods in the mountains, so I wouldn't want to risk going up there. The trails should be "interesting" when it all settles down, though.

In that case can we have pics before you take the bike out for it's first ride please? :smile:

Christopher

Über Member
Hmm, reminds me of a story I heard once about a mtb'r who went up into the California hills after a heavy storm to ride a road that had been closed due to landslides. On the way up he met a couple of mud-splattered off-road motorcyclists coming back down the road. They did their best to persuade him to turn back as higher up there was no road, just downed trees and debris. The mtbiker carried on and almost had a serious incident as he ended up soaked, plastered in mud and snot, scrached to heck and dragging the bike behind him by its front wheel, under fallen trees and over loose slopes of mud and rock. No long-term harm done but it took him a while to recover from it...

Motozulu

Über Member
Don't blame you for being wary lulubel. I learnt in the dry but now the weather is changing over here feels I am learning all over again - just back from a ride in the forest and spent more time sliding than pedalling it feels. Course when you throw in landslides and flash floods it's a whole new ball game - I'm just whinging about a few muddy boardwalks and slick as snot cobbles here. ^_^ Big deal.

Motozulu

Über Member
Seriously? yes you'll have to spell it out - I can't see anything rude anywhere - really I can't, bit of humour maybe but rude? not in my definition of the word it is'nt. Are we getting a bit over sensitive here?.
Lulubel did'nt appreciate being lectured on safety (fair do's) so she left for a bit (also fair enough), it was commented on in a humerous way, now she's back, I'm pleased to say, and no harm done. I can do rude, no problems, but I certainly have'nt here. ^_^

Top Bottom