Tyres - odd behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Possibly my poor terminology, would it have made more sense if I had said the tread twisted?
The OP is running "tubeless" not "TUBS" they're the only ones I've ever seen twisted and that was from not letting the glue cure properly/long enough before use.

D

Deleted member 26715

Oh dear I seem to have ruffled a few people feathers, I do humbly apologise I was only trying to be of assistance, I shall refrain in future.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think there were too many opinions, and the real issue will be the tyres are of a different tread pattern, and will feel odd at first.

The answer is check tyre is running 'straight', at correct pressure, then ride it and get used to it.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
the real issue will be the tyres are of a different tread pattern, and will feel odd at first.
This^^^^

If I haven't ridden my MTB for months it feels awful when I first set off on it, sluggish, sticky, unresponsive! Give it half-a-mile and it has all come flooding back and I am back on it with sharp handling, great turn in and agile flickability.

I imagine someone going the other way from MTB to road bike, or knobbly tyre to light, slick tyres, might get a bit of a surprise at the sudden increase of responsiveness and the more subtle movements required to make direction changes?

@Maherees, just give it some time and distance and all should be good. Let us know how you are getting on in a few weeks time :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
Just different tyres may 'feel' or behave differently.
I run Conti GP40000s on my roadbike. I temporarily fitted a cheap Scwalbe on my front and TBH didn't notice much difference....until i went into a corner at speed....:ohmy:. it felt like the tyre was trying to roll off the rim. Different construction, different characteristics.

Top Bottom