tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldridge

Hi folks
Can anyone recommend puncture resistant tyres for a boardman road bike? I'm looking for vfm if possible

Kind regards

Eldridge.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Vittoria Rubinos

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yep, second the Vittoria Rubino Pros, although they seem to be getting a bit scarce. I think Vittoria have maybe replaced them................hopefully with something equally good. Got to be one of the best all round tyres out there for the money.

I'm getting an average of about 6,500km on Rubinos. Last pair I wore out were rubino pros, which didn't last any longer, in fact one of them was a little below the average, the other only got 5,800km. So get the pros if folding is useful to you or you see them cheap, or snap up a bargain on the wire rimmed version.

Schwalbe Durano + are generally regarded as the most puncture resistant road tyre on the market, I believe. If you want something that has less rolling resistance but is still pretty hardy then Continental 4 Seasons are a good option.
Also, it's not comprehensive but this is worth a look if you want to compare Rubinos to Contis to Schwalbes etc for rolling resistance, puncture protection, weight etc-
http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
My Boardman had Vittorio Zaffiros on as standard and I rated them. No visits from the p*nct*r* fairy and I only replaced them when they wore out.
They were replaced with Continental Ultra Gatorskins (they were on offer) for the winter and I like them so much I've left them on.

I was getting 5-6 a year on my commuter over 4000 miles or so with gators .
I am running an old Ultra Sport on the front at the mo, have been since about Sept but I haven't done much, its had a couple, one recently and one when I first put it back on, I think there was a defect in the tyre from new because when I first got it I was plagued with them, but then if I look at the mileage its about right the frequency/mile every 3-500 miles, must be the roads, but on the gators I rode everywhere.

si_c

Guru
Rubinos, get about 2000mi from them for under a tenner. Roads here are terrible, and the tyres get horribly pitted and worn, but they're cheap so just replace them. If you're somewhere with better roads then you'll get far more out of them.

Top Bottom