Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Morning Folks!

I have Continental Gatorskin Hardshell 25s tyres on both my BMC and Giant Road bike and I swear by these.

As you know, I have recently bought a Bianchi road bike. The tyres on this bike are Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick 25s. I was going to fit Continental Gatorskin Hardshell but the shop said this would "spoil" this bike and that Continental Gatorskin Hardshell tyres would "dull" the ride on the Bianchi.

Can anyone recommend a nice riding tyre with as good as it gets puncture protection for the Bianchi or are the Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick tyres good enough? I also have a spare set of Continental Ultra Sport 25s too - would these be ok too?

Thanks

J

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ride it and make up your own decision .
Everyone's tyre choice is different.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d choose Rubino over Zaffiro and Zaffiro over ultrasport for puncture resistance

However, just ride with the Zaffiros, see how they feel. If ok, ride until they wear out or you get bored fixing punctures

How about putting the Gatorskin on the Bianchi. Do 50 miles and see how bored you get. Do the same with the Zaffiro and then the ultrasports. Do it s couple of times to be sure ;)

Top Bottom