UCI Road World Championships 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Wiggo said he wouldn't contest this TT didn't he? Leaving some victory out there for the others.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I had assumed that Wiggo would want to go for the TT but it makes sense that he doesn't - his season essentially finished with the Olympics, which is fair enough. He's not had a bad year.

Will be interesting to see if Froome has enough left in his legs to make himself a contender.

I presume this means Brad won't be representing Sky in the Team TT either.

d.

zizou

Veteran
The course doesn't really suit any of our big guns. Any idea how JTL has recovered from his injury? He might be the best bet, particularly if the opposition underestimate him if he manages to get in a breakaway.

oldroadman

Veteran
The course doesn't really suit any of our big guns. Any idea how JTL has recovered from his injury? He might be the best bet, particularly if the opposition underestimate him if he manages to get in a breakaway.
Brad rides ToB as possibly his season closer, not likely to ride at the worlds at all. What's to prove?
JTL, I think not, the big hitters will let a break go and then those who are good enough will close it down. Think on a front group of 15-25 getting to 10km from the finish, then await fireworks. Valkenburg is a lumpy old course, and after 260km will feel very lumpy indeed.

tigger

Über Member
Disappointed Wiggo isn't contesting the TT. Seems odd that the best time trialist of 2012 won't take the opportunity to earn the rainbow jersey? I know the Tour of Britain is a little close for comfort but I don't understand the omission.

thom

____
Disappointed Wiggo isn't contesting the TT. Seems odd that the best time trialist of 2012 won't take the opportunity to earn the rainbow jersey? I know the Tour of Britain is a little close for comfort but I don't understand the omission.
Yeah I'm slightly perplexed but he said after the Olympics that this season was about the tour and the Olympic TT.
If it is a lumpy course then in theory it might suit Froome more but he's well cooked at the moment.
Wiggo won practically everything he entered in a very long season. I guess it is a bit too much to keep it going this month or so at a really high level after those successes for just 1 day.
He'll be back in pre-season training for next year soon enough. And the ToB thing he'll be riding in support of team mates rather than for himself.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't blame Bradley in the least for missing the TT after the season he's had. He's won damned near every stage race worth winning this year.
It's really not clear who GB will be racing for this time though. There's no obvious 'classics' rider so it'll be interesting to see how they strategise it. I don't expect any Brit to be in the final mix though unless Cav has been secretly been shedding weight and training in the Ardennes!

montage

God Almighty
I'm guessing GBs best hope is to fire people off in the breaks as much as possible.
Geriant and Kennaugh will be interesting to watch, having gained a huge amount of firepower this year on the track and both being ok-ish climbers.

Buddfox

Veteran
Is there yet a detailed map / profile of the course? The one on the UCI website is useless - I still haven't figured out what this final circuit looks like... I may be being slow, of course.

Top Bottom