UCI Road World Championships 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Brad sitting at the rear of the peloton. I guess he's there in case a protected GB guy falls or has a mechanical and needs a tow back to the peloton.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Very impressed with David Millar's co-commentating on the BBC live stream. Good voice, insightful and very articulate. Not saying anything about the other one though....

pally83

Über Member
Very impressed with David Millar's co-commentating on the BBC live stream. Good voice, insightful and very articulate. Not saying anything about the other one though....

I'm a Millar fanboy anyway but I agree about his commentary. Would like to see (hear?) him paired with Chris Boardman. Though Porter's not annoying me as much today as usual.

thom

____
Interesting, Jeremy Hunt and Cav on the front keeping some kind of order at the front. What onus is there on them to do any of the work early on given they have no clear candidate ?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cav is putting in a big turn on the front - last of the year before a winter break?
Maybe he fancies the Tour of Lombardia!

raindog

er.....
WTF are Sky doing pulling everyone along? Seems completely senseless.

Watch out for Freire as an outside bet - I'd love to see him do it.

thom

____
WTF are Sky doing pulling everyone along? Seems completely senseless.

Watch out for Freire as an outside bet - I'd love to see him do it.
In a sense Cav is unlikely to be able to do any team work later in the race so he may as well help the cause keep the gap down now.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It does seem perverse when the Italians, Belgians, Colombians and Spaniards have more reason to keep the break within distance.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
fair play - the Belgian guy is putting in a whole lot of work as well. Six minutes ahead with 109 miles to go.

And now the Dutch have taken over

thom

____
With the absence of race radios, the Dutch have placed electronic notice boards around the course to display coded instructions. Maybe they just went past one of those speed cams that tell you you're under the speed limit and thought that was a team signal ...?

The Belgians have simplified their road side coms to 4 colour coded flags.

Top Bottom