UCI Road World Championships 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Couldn't we all? :laugh:
Odd thing about the women's race this year is the GB submitted 6 riders this year when they had 7 places.
They aren't replacing Lizzie either so there will be 2 unfilled spots.
The initial list had a fair few track cyclists so I guess management had felt they needed to supplement the roadies with quality track riders but in the end decided the trackies weren't ready for the WCs.

montage

God Almighty
Odd thing about the women's race this year is the GB submitted 6 riders this year when they had 7 places.
They aren't replacing Lizzie either so there will be 2 unfilled spots.
The initial list had a fair few track cyclists so I guess management had felt they needed to supplement the roadies with quality track riders but in the end decided the trackies weren't ready for the WCs.

I hate it when countries don't fill their spots.... just give it to an up and coming rider for the experience and make their year

raindog

er.....
I think I'll go with JRod for sunday.
Can't think of anyone in our squad who can do it. Froome is the obvious candidate, but his season seems to have left him exhausted. JTL fits the bill, but he has zero experience for big events like this, though I'm his number one fan so I'd love to see him do it, or even be on the podium.
10 times up the Cauberg on a 16k circuit after you've been racing since 11.0 am - that's going to be some show. ^_^

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rich, I thought the finish was 1k from the summit - have I got that wrong?
1.7km I believe RD

thom

____
Congratulations Lucy Garner, retaining her WC in the junior girls road race !

A3UoEQDCYAAqhPn.jpg

A3UoU9WCMAATLAV.jpg

Congratulations also to her team mate Elinor Barker who won the TT earlier in the week.

oldroadman

Veteran
I hate it when countries don't fill their spots.... just give it to an up and coming rider for the experience and make their year

Just like in the days when GB won nothing because of that very attitude? They still cost money to support, and GB have a reputation as winners now, so why send no hopers "for experience". Here's a simple view, if you can't win much at home, then what good will an even bigger kicking do you? Better to have 5 strong, motivated, committed riders and not have them worry if last minute additions are up to doing anything except hanging on then getting dropped. If you are not in the GB orbit, you don't get to play. Simple. Brutal, yes, but winners are brutal with themselves.

Top Bottom