UCI Track championships - London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LewisLondon

Hi all

Bit of a cheeky request, but wondered from those more in the know, is there any indication which events Cav might be in, in the March championships? I'm assuming Omnium, but would he also do the team pursuit?

Currently looking at remaining tickets for a couple of sessions, and as I have a bit of a mancruch on the Manx Missile, would be amazing to see him live...

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Got my tickets in the post.

Will be great to go back there again. Haven't been since we saw Laura Trott and Chris Hoy win gold. One of us didn't see that either, having a restricted view comprising of the inside of my wife's belly.

iandg

Legendary Member
Don't know what Cav is riding. I have tickets for the Friday night session - Mens Points/Pursuit finals, Womens Team Pursuit and Omnium elimination race :smile:

Very excited - Last time I was in London to watch indoor track racing was for the Skol 6 in 1979 :smile:

gds58

Über Member
Hi all

Bit of a cheeky request, but wondered from those more in the know, is there any indication which events Cav might be in, in the March championships? I'm assuming Omnium, but would he also do the team pursuit?

Currently looking at remaining tickets for a couple of sessions, and as I have a bit of a mancruch on the Manx Missile, would be amazing to see him live...
Omnium is a definite and he's been training with the team pursuit lads but at the moment is struggling to hang on to the youngsters, who are really flying at well inside world record pace (at a shorter distance) so there's a little bit of work to do but don't rule him out, it's in his sights!!

oldroadman

Veteran
Got my tickets in the post.

Will be great to go back there again. Haven't been since we saw Laura Trott and Chris Hoy win gold. One of us didn't see that either, having a restricted view comprising of the inside of my wife's belly.
^_^ I heard that starting young is good - this is clearly an extreme example! So the little person was riding their trike before walking? ^_^

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
^_^ I heard that starting young is good - this is clearly an extreme example! So the little person was riding their trike before walking? ^_^
Refer to "Your kids on bikes pics......" thread, p44.
He is keen on cycling, probably mainly due to Daddy coming home on his bike almost every evening. Can't be too far off being ready for his own pedal bike, but we'll have a few spring months of balance biking before we think about the next step.

He has been to watch track cycling once before, Revolution and Derby Velodrome. It was a not particularly exiting Saturday afternoon session, but he was inspired to race his dad on a pursuit race around the benches outside. That kept him nice and busy and tired him out. Fell asleep waiting for Mark Cavendish's autograph.

Top Bottom