UK Dentists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
I have a wonderful dentist, she is young, atractive and quite small. She up ends the chair I am in to hoke around in my mouth. She leans over and wedges my head between her breasts and does whatever she wants. I've not heard anything she has said for my last 3 visits I just nod and drool. When she is finished she sets the chair up right I go dizzy and she takes money off me. I don't have any problems with my teeth so she must be doing something right. All on the NHS too.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have a wonderful dentist, she is young, atractive and quite small. She up ends the chair I am in to hoke around in my mouth. She leans over and wedges my head between her breasts and does whatever she wants. I've not heard anything she has said for my last 3 visits I just nod and drool. When she is finished she sets the chair up right I go dizzy and she takes money off me. I don't have any problems with my teeth so she must be doing something right. All on the NHS too.

Does she charge extra for this service?

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2141869, member: 1314"] Father and son outfit. [/quote]
That's part of it. My dentist is a one man band, but he has a support team of goodness knows how many.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Yesterday I had two big fillings done on my molars (no anesthetic), and a light clean and descale, and it cost me £145, private, for 40 minutes work. I paid £170 for another big tooth repair a few weeks ago that required two sessions following the original check up. That is over three weeks income for me but it repairs two broken teeth and a cavity.

I have no problem with a reasonable cost for the work as the dentist has to train, and run a surgery, and maintain standards, and ensure that people who don't look after their teeth properly still have teeth to not look after.
I am firmly of the belief that essential services are worth the cost. It is just a shame that some 'more essential' services are not paid as much as others.

For the OP
The standard of work expected in the UK and abroad might be different, as might the acceptable local standard for teeth and what the local economy will stand. The local cost of living might also have a large impact on the cost of providing that service.
Maybe your team would have thought the cost would have been worth it.;)

ASC1951

Guru
[QUOTE 2141869, member: 1314"]
What on earth were the London dentists doing, quoting me £800 plus. I rather think they were doing me - they're a bunch of bandits.[/quote]
You don't seriously expect a dental practice in London to have the same overheads as a dentist in an Indian village, do you? Quite apart from the reassurance that you get from the UK regulatory system.

Oh, and it's a false economy not to go to the dentist at least once a year, if only for a scrape and polish. That costs me £45 a go and even in Barnsley the hygienist is on more than a couple of dollars a day.

Top Bottom