UK holiday ideas wanted.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Dorset / Devon around Weymouth / Sidmouth area.

Loads of bird watching - hides at Seaton
good for cycling (route 33 and not to hilly)
Day visits to cheddar, Tanks museum / fossil hunting / Observatory / scenery.

Then again i live here so i am biased.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Glow worm is out of date about the Lord Nelson at Burnham Thorpe - it now has a bar!
Still a lovely pub though.
Great to see so many suggestions for Norfolk. I consider myself lucky to live here - it's a great county. I didn't appreciate it half as much until I reignited my interest in cycling a few years ago. We really do have it all.
Beautiful countryside and turnips, nature reserves and swedes, huge open skies and carrots, lovely pubs and sugar beet.
We also have pretty villages and mawthers.
Don't forget our county saying...."It's Norfolk and Good!) ...just don't say it too quickly. :laugh:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Glow worm is out of date about the Lord Nelson at Burnham Thorpe - it now has a bar!
Still a lovely pub though.

Blimey - that's a shame. It must be 2 or 3 years since I was last there though. I hope it hasn't been spoilt like The Hero at Burnham Overy. Must pop back when I go visit my parents at Christmas.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Blimey - that's a shame. It must be 2 or 3 years since I was last there though. I hope it hasn't been spoilt like The Hero at Burnham Overy. Must pop back when I go visit my parents at Christmas.
Still worth a visit and the bar is not intrusive.....a very good pint of Woodfordes.:smile:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Somewhere with nice quiet (flatish) cycling ?
Some nature/bird watching
Some walking
Nice paces to visit within decent range
Oh.....some good pubs handy would be good.
East Yorkshire ^_^ A local farmer has a holiday cottage in Rolston http://www.yorkshireholidays.com/holiday-cottages-and-lodges-in-hornsea/violet-cottage-14455/
Its less than a couple of miles from hornsea which is where you will find nearest pubs
He has a nature woodland with quite a bid of bird activity, & nice walking. There's Hornsea Mere & the coast for birding, & Bempton Cliffs & Spurn are less than an hours drive :thumbsup:
Plenty of nice flat cycling routes & only about 15 miles from the wolds if you fancy cycling a few hills

Top Bottom