uk long distance touring partners required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
no im not taking any thing ,i would like to and have done on more than one occasion this sort of mileage ,so you have no proper tourers or serious cyclists on this forum 100miles at 10mph is only a 12hr day,i didnt come on here to upset anyone ,neither did i wish for all the negatives possative replys is what im after
giant tcr listen i hope you didn't get upset i was just pulling your leg .i think the last time i seen 140 miles on a bike was when i was about 18 long time ago.anyway apologies if i upset you hope you get your riding partner.

no im not taking any thing ,i would like to and have done on more than one occasion this sort of mileage ,so you have no proper tourers or serious cyclists on this forum 100miles at 10mph is only a 12hr day,i didnt come on here to upset anyone ,neither did i wish for all the negatives possative replys is what im after

Proper tourers Hmmmmmmmmmm Serious Cyclists Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, beggers the question what is a serious or proper cyclist/touring. personally I like to take stock of the countryside I travel through, have a rest and suckin the vista's 50 to 70 miles a day does me. I worry now I not qualified to be a serious tourer/cyclist, having cycled across asia, over two of the highest road passes, cycled from Singapore to Northern Thailand, Singapore to Vietnam including being shot at riding through Cambodia by bandits. and many miles around Europe.. I really am sad I like a lot of us on the Forum, now find we dont come up to the mark... Boo Boo :sad::sad::sad:

billflat12

Veteran
" Bicycle touring " is a form of cycling where riders travel long distances, prioritizing pleasure and endurance over utility or speed.

" challenge riding " is a form of cycling where the riders challenge themselves rather than each other, maybe giant tcr should try posting in Road rides, Audax and sportives

OP
OP
G

giant tcr

I think I have very unintentionally upset half the guys on this forum. All I wanted was someone to ride with a little longer per day than your average tour, I admire anyone who gets on a bike and gives it a go. Will have to keep looking for another nutter like me! :biggrin: oh and what this bonj

Nah I dont think you have upset anyone, we are just tweaking your danglely bits..LOL most of us here are quite testaceous, and always happy to offer good advice, and for sure there is a lot of experience in all cycling Discipline's on this forum. And I have no doubt there are cyclist on here who like yourself enjoy doing 12 hour days, just a tad shy..LOL

rich p

ridiculous old lush
No, not upset. I too admire people who cycle all over the world and at least give it a go.

Maybe put a bit more thought into your posts and you'll find us useful, helpful and with a wealth of experience.

Arch

Married to Night Train
No, not upset. I too admire people who cycle all over the world and at least give it a go.

Maybe put a bit more thought into your posts and you'll find us useful, helpful and with a wealth of experience.

And in many cases, a little bit bonkers....

I'm a 50-60 mile a day-er myself, so the OP is beyond me...

Anymore and there wouldn't be time for morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea....

OP
OP
G

giant tcr

ok here goes attempt 2 are there any groups or persons out there doing a tour in the next couple of weeks , of around a week who wouldnt mind me tagging along, covering distances of up to around 70 miles per day not every day but on at least a couple of days cheers im based in mid derbyshire :rolleyes:

Shaun

Founder
I've removed the newer posts from this older thread (2010) and moved your touring request (460 horses) to it's own thread in the Touring forum:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/300mile-weekend-challange.106868/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom