uk long distance touring partners required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

giant tcr

is anyone or group out there looking to do a few days touring anywhere around the uk staying in b&b's or hostels along the way and looking for someone to ride with or would welcome another 1 joining in. I am a 45yr old male based in derbyshire and have many miles under my belt including london to paris in june, and regularly do audaxes & sportives of up to 400k, did the dragon ride this year and got silver medal came in at 10 mins under the gold time. But im struggling to find people to tour with.

bigjim

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1149574"]
I reckon you'd be too bloody fit and fast :blush:
[/quote]

Too true. Put me right off. was interested for a second or two.

OP
OP
G

giant tcr

is anyone or group out there looking to do a few days touring anywhere around the uk staying in b&b's or hostels along the way and looking for someone to ride with or would welcome another 1 joining in. I am a 45yr old male based in derbyshire and have many miles under my belt including london to paris in june, and regularly do audaxes & sportives of up to 400k, did the dragon ride this year and got silver medal came in at 10 mins under the gold time. But im struggling to find people to tour with.
obviously wouldn't be expecting to ride at the same speeds touring as i do on a sportive, but looking for a couple of days doing around 100 to 140 miles per day

jags

Guru
i think this guy is taking the piss excuse the expression 140miles a day are you on a motorbike or what slow down buddy smell the roses for god sake.

OP
OP
G

giant tcr

no im not taking any thing ,i would like to and have done on more than one occasion this sort of mileage ,so you have no proper tourers or serious cyclists on this forum 100miles at 10mph is only a 12hr day,i didnt come on here to upset anyone ,neither did i wish for all the negatives possative replys is what im after

theclaud

Openly Marxist
no im not taking any thing ,i would like to and have done on more than one occasion this sort of mileage ,so you have no proper tourers or serious cyclists on this forum 100miles at 10mph is only a 12hr day,i didnt come on here to upset anyone ,neither did i wish for all the negatives possative replys is what im after

Didn't mean to flippant GTCR - it's just that "serious cyclist" is something of a historical joke on this forum. We have all kinds of cyclists, and most of them don't worry about how serious others consider them to be. Rich's point was simply that your requirements are at the upper end of most people's comfortable touring mileage, and off the scale for a lot of people. A 100-mile day, fully laden in hilly country would be the top end of what I'd do; and day-in, day-out, I'd rather do 60- or 70-something and have good lunch and tea stops and a bit of time to bimble around wherever I ended up. Plenty of people have managed to cycle all over the world doing 30 or 40 a day, and I consider them much more experienced touring cyclists than I am, and at least as "proper". Where's the fire? I hope you find another high-mileage nutter to join you, though.

:biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
no im not taking any thing ,
Your request is full of contradictions, hence no sincere responses.
Two or three days at say 100mpd=300 miiles, not really a long distance tour. Most cyclists considering themselves to be tourers would be on trips of at least a week, and not the two or three days you want. Few tourers would be interested in cycling a 12 hour day, and would be spending a few hours of each day eating, drinking, looking for accommodation etc., not to mention sightseeing and chatting with the locals along the way.
Your idea of a tour sound more like an endurance event to me, which is fine if that is what you want to do, but there is no need to knock adherents of other cycling disciplines.:smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush

You didn't want to upset anyone but you're saying that none of us are proper tourers or serious cyclists?

My self esteem is in tatters but I suggest you try asking on this forum

http://www.seriouscyclingforums.com/forums/

Richp - I am not sure whether to be apaulled or impressed that you know the location of a "serious" cyclists forum (I assume that you are here because you were banned) :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom