[UK Racing] Junior Road Race Scrapped - Residents Ignore Road Closures, Abuse Riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Skip Madness said:
You probably wouldn't have.

don't be so sure. Down here in this South Somerset town you can count the number of people of Asian origin on one finger. People are quick to jump on the pc band waggon at the first opportunity these days :biggrin:

asterix

Comrade Member
peanut said:
we all seem to lack consideration and patience at times . I suspect that the loading/unloading probably took nearer 20+ minutes in reality which is quite a long time to sit in your car waiting to pass .

I stood in a Pharmacy the other day waiting for my box of Thyroxin from the pharmacist. When I saw people being served that had come in 10-15 minutes after me I enquired where my prescription was .

Turns out the stupid little man had gone off for a 15 minute tea break without telling anyone, just after I had handed in my prescription note :becool:. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind about his inconsideration but as he was Asian I would probably have been accused of rascism

What exactly does 'giving a piece of your mind' mean? If you merely intended to tell 'the stupid little man' that were put out by his poor service fair enough. I do hope you didn't merely mean you would have liked to have been rude and unpleasant. And TBH you do sound as if you are very conscious of race!

peanut

asterix said:
What exactly does 'giving a piece of your mind' mean? If you merely intended to tell 'the stupid little man' that were put out by his poor service fair enough. I do hope you didn't merely mean you would have liked to have been rude and unpleasant. And TBH you do sound as if you are very conscious of race!

in this particular situation had the Pharmacist been white I would probably have told him to have some consideration for the customers he left waiting in the shop whilst he went off for a 20 minute tea break.

Because he is as far as I am aware the only person of Asian origin in our tiny town and therefore very prominant ,I hesitated, mainly because I wasn't sure how other people in the shop would react.

There is always someone that jumps to the wrong conclusion or likes to stir things up and start an argument :blush:

Top Bottom