UK to Lithuania by bike 2014

Discussion in 'Member's Travelogues' started by OMG, 29 Aug 2016.

1. T4tomo

T4tomo Über Member

I've ridden with a lass who could pee whilst wearing bibs, by rolling / stretching one leg up. I'm assuming she had good aim and no tendency to sprinkle, but in the interests of modesty I didn't witness her technique in action.

Good write up, but that sunburn looked awful.

2. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

I don't wear bibshorts, for the reasons OMG gives! But my problem with normal cycling shorts is that I sometimes feel that the waistband is digging uncomfortably into my waist - so I always assumed this was why some folks wore them, not to stop them falling down!

3. T4tomo

T4tomo Über Member

Absolutely, its for the comfort of not having a waist band, and no drafty bit on your back, and the chance to look like a pro wrestler as you get dressed!

booze and cake likes this.
  4. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

All of that plus it keeps the pad in place too.

5. booze and cake

booze and cake probably out cycling

Ah I see, never experienced that, but that makes sense I suppose, I was beginning to think bibs were designed by someone that just does'nt like cyclists or for those that want to practice their escapology techniques.

Ha, I got a skinsuit a few months ago, its thermal so its too hot to wear at the moment, but when I have worn it I confess I've felt more than a little bit like a super hero, just without any obvious super powers, unless looking a grade A-tit qualifies as a super power^_^

Spinney likes this.
  6. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Obviously you don't have a big discrepancy between your waist circumference and your upper thighs circumference :cry:

booze and cake and Fab Foodie like this.
  7. booze and cake

booze and cake probably out cycling

Haha, quite the opposite actually, I have stupidly thunderous thighs that makes buying trousers on the internet impossible, its more of a problem for me with shorts riding up than falling down, at times I think each leg looks like a beluga whale trying to put on a rollerneck jumper thats a size too small.

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    OMG

OMG Veteran

I prefer bibs for one reason - they have got normal size pad. It doesn't mean my pussy is a size of cat called Mane Coon, but pads for women are really small which is very uncomfortable to me. Men bibs has got normal large size pad (yes we know why, thouhg men like look at boobies and women like to look at ...eeeee.... :shy: ).
    But pee deal with bibs for a woman is more difficult than flight to Pluto (personal experince twice) so I buy normal men shorts, not bibs. Cost like a golden Buddha statue but worth every pence.

Anyway, nice change of topic - from trip to everyone's experiences with pee. :wahhey:

9. Awesome and very inspiring. I cant see the photos but will take a look as soon as technology allows.

This could answer the question that's been bouncing around my head for too long..."where next?"

Other posters are right, you have a great sense if humour and a good writing style.

I shall never look at bib shorts the same way again.

Roadrider48 likes this.
  10. You get used to it. Plus like I said a decent bra helps. I've only made the one car run off the road on tour (in Sweden of all places)... Ironically whilst cycle touring in shorts and going for a call of nature!

I often cycle tour in either shorts or bibs. I actually prefer 3/4 lengths (called knickers) having, if you will pardon the pun, splashed out on some expensive asos knickers which more than paid for themselves over the years. They have lasted for all of my tours including my aborted world tour.

We did cycle with a Spaniard who lived in Stockholm whilst we were on Latvia and Lithuania who would literally just stop at the side of the road, no matter how big, busy or its location (city centre on one occasion) and squat there and get on with it. Personally I prefer a touch more cover or at least failing that something like a longer jacket or shawl to cover myself with when needed!

Anyhow, great write up and I loved cycling in Lithuania as well as our 2 weeks forced time off the bikes in

11. Old Steve

Old Steve Active Member

Seriously good read, I enjoyed it very much and nice pictures as well... You have a way with words and its is great..

Fab Foodie likes this.
  12. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Funny story and great photos, you have excellent composition that makes boring landscapes look interesting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice