UK Towns that have been surprisingly pleasant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I recently went into the centre of Howden to enjoy some lunch on an audax. I’ve mostly visited the 24hr garage at odd hours on Easter Arrows and thus never really seen the town as such, but didn’t get the feeling the place was anything special from those encounters . The centre was lovely with a square , bakery, cafes, pubs, nice areas to sit, park and church and ruins. I was pleasant,y surprised.

Bournemouth. Not as I expected a big seaside town to be like. Very clean. Very neat.

yello

I quite liked Shrewsbury....

Yes, Shrewsbury has some nice things going for it. I was in Ludlow for a year and visited there quite a few times.

My surprise visit (from a few years back) was Llanelli beach. Not so much the town but there was something about the bay and the sea that made me think 'now if I was to return to the UK'

All uphill

Still rolling along
Just remembered I really liked Rostrevor in NI. A big park in a small town, wonderful cafe, people said hello, hills and coastline. Fab.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Just remembered I really liked Rostrevor in NI. A big park in a small town, wonderful cafe, people said hello, hills and coastline. Fab.

SWMBO lived there for about 10 years, and her parents still do. It's a nice place in Northern Ireland.

stephec

Legendary Member
Leyburn, a nice little market town with some good pubs and shops.

The one Indian restaurant is nothing special though.

Top Bottom