Ukele starts today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3587802, member: 76"] View attachment 82423

I have never learned to read music or play a musical instrument, but I did learn to juggle and can now juggle anything. MiniUser76 is very good at music, but can't juggle, so we have taken on a bet.

I have to learn a simple song on this bad boy, before he can juggle 20 repeats of a simple three ball sequence without moving his feet.

Who do you think has the most chance of winning, and any tips on how to play the Ukele?[/QUOTE]
Hand the money over now.

T4tomo

Guru
My 11 year taught herself some simple songs on a Ukele off youtube in an evening, it seems like it's very easy to play.

My money is on you, assuming you can search you tube.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Oh yes, one song you can learn in a night and practice for a week or two to perfect. Dexterity and hurt fingertips might be the only problems, but it will be aight in the end! I can't juggle...juggling's much harder...IMO :sad:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 3587848, member: 76"]Oh heavens, I have just gone downstairs and said I was getting help from you chaps on here, and someone had suggested 'Ukehunt'......yeah yeah, I didn't realise :shy: Useful site though, it's in the bag![/QUOTE]
the Uke Community has a devilish sense of humour!

andyfraser

Über Member
[QUOTE 3587844, member: 76"]Thanks for the reassurance, I will knuckle down to it. However I was removed from the Air Cadets Band in 1981 after messing up the cymbals :sad:[/QUOTE]
Timing comes with practice. :smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
It's easy, just make sure you're consistent with practise, even if it's only fifteen minutes per day.

I've got a banjo ukulele that I taught myself. I was lucky though as my girl learnt the uke at school and still had her books.

After a few weeks she stuck her head round the door and said, "have you just been playing Waltzing Mathilda and King of The Swingers?" so I must've been doing something right. :smile:

I've not played for about six months though, so now I'd struggle to put a run of chords together.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Go and have a look here. Justin is fab and he'll get you through the basics in an evening. He's a good place to start anyway. Then have a wee peep on here for tab. Type in a song you fancy i.e. It must be love - Labi Siffre. Scroll to Ukulele chords and Bob's your uncle. Nice easy one is the Labi Siffre.

Top Bottom