Ulock as Bike Rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upandover

Guru
Hi,

A few weeks ago I saw a Ulock that clamped to the seatpost horisontally, and with a restraining clip was able to function as a lightweight rack on the back of the bike.

I'm thinking it might be just what I need for light days commuting, but now can't find it anywhere. Has anyone come across it please?

Thanks

Steve

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
ooooh, I remember them being reviewed in C+ a few years back.
Good idea but a poor lock IIRC.
No idea who made them or where you'd get one, I'm afraid...

Tynan

Veteran
always laugh when I see people carrying a lock although I used to when I was a noob

but a lock suited to the risk at anyhere you have to lock up

I've got two god ones for work and for college and a cheerful ones for occasional needs tp carry

Stevesparrow said:
Hi,

A few weeks ago I saw a Ulock that clamped to the seatpost horisontally, and with a restraining clip was able to function as a lightweight rack on the back of the bike.

I'm thinking it might be just what I need for light days commuting, but now can't find it anywhere. Has anyone come across it please?

Thanks

Steve
I just googled it and this came up, is that what you're thinking about, it appears Topeak do them.
Or this one from Koolstop
Or this one from Masterlock, it sounds most like your description I think.

OP
OP
upandover

upandover

Guru
Thanks,

I've been away for a week!

I found the masterlock after a lot of googling, but not anywhere which has it on sale anymore. I must have been having a brai-dead on search terms for a while then it suddenly popped up.

Thanks for the links. I haven't yet found them to buy, all no longer selling, and wonder if that says something about the lock!

Thanks guys

Steve

Top Bottom