ultegra Di2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
ive been thinking about upgrading the TT bike to Di2 , Ultegra as i have that groupset on it already .
Any ideas what parts i will need and if anyone has been shopping around and noticed some bargin components please feel free to share a link .
So far i know i will need
Thumbs shifters
Rear and front derailleur
Battery

U

User33236

Don’t forget cables and junction boxes. They add a reasonable amount to the overall costs.

You may also require additional hardware to fit the battery, assuming internal, into the seatpost.

U

User33236

Brake levers ? Are the brakes electric too ? dont like the idea of that !
The brakes are cable operated. The ‘electric’ part is that they also have switches to change gear.

U

User33236

Ahhh yes , you've jogged my memory . Bit pointless that isn't it .
Depends how hilly the TT course is as you’d not ride on the bars on steeper sections but still may wish to change gear.

They are optional though and you don’t need to fit them. Just stay with your current brakes if you prefer.

Sorry mis read the op:rolleyes::whistle:

A1kc

Also thinking about Di2 Ultegra upgrade. Don't understand Shimano site.Can 10 speed be upgraded - or is it only 11 speed?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
One point though;might be worth getting the software checked to make shure it has the latest software.

If you want the latest software, which allows customisation, you also need to make sure you have the latest battery (BT-DN110). If you have this, it’s easy to upgrade the software yourself using the e-tube app. Even easier if you get the wireless unit.

The older 6870 shifters and mechs will work with the latest software though, if you want to save money.

If you’re fitting it yourself, be careful to leave enough slack in the cables so they don’t get yanked out of their sockets when you turn the handlebars. And get the spudger tool for connecting the cables - you risk damaging them otherwise.

Top Bottom