ultegra Di2

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Cuchilo, 16 Apr 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

ive been thinking about upgrading the TT bike to Di2 , Ultegra as i have that groupset on it already .
    Any ideas what parts i will need and if anyone has been shopping around and noticed some bargin components please feel free to share a link .
    So far i know i will need
    Thumbs shifters
    Rear and front derailleur
    Battery

2. User33236

User33236 Guest

Don’t forget cables and junction boxes. They add a reasonable amount to the overall costs.

You may also require additional hardware to fit the battery, assuming internal, into the seatpost.

3. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

You'll also need a fair chunk of disposable cash.:smile:

4. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

5. OP
    OP
    Cuchilo

Brake levers ? Are the brakes electric too ? dont like the idea of that !

6. User33236

User33236 Guest

The brakes are cable operated. The ‘electric’ part is that they also have switches to change gear.

7. OP
    OP
    Cuchilo

Ahhh yes , you've jogged my memory . Bit pointless that isn't it .

Cycleops likes this.
  8. User33236

User33236 Guest

Depends how hilly the TT course is as you’d not ride on the bars on steeper sections but still may wish to change gear.

They are optional though and you don’t need to fit them. Just stay with your current brakes if you prefer.

9. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Sorry mis read the op:rolleyes::whistle:

User33236 likes this.
  10. User33236

User33236 Guest

Re-read first post :laugh:

11. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Yep amended;I blame the wine:whistle:

One point though;might be worth getting the software checked to make shure it has the latest software.

User33236 likes this.
  12. A1kc

A1kc Active Member

Also thinking about Di2 Ultegra upgrade. Don't understand Shimano site.Can 10 speed be upgraded - or is it only 11 speed?

13. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Think you need to upgrade everything pretty much. Your wheels should be compatible with 11 speed at least

Think you may also need a compatible frame?

Some discussion here

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cheapest-way-to-di2.234696/

14. OP
    OP
    Cuchilo

Check your wheels . I had to change two of my free hubs over when i went 11 speed .

15. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

If you want the latest software, which allows customisation, you also need to make sure you have the latest battery (BT-DN110). If you have this, it’s easy to upgrade the software yourself using the e-tube app. Even easier if you get the wireless unit.

The older 6870 shifters and mechs will work with the latest software though, if you want to save money.

If you’re fitting it yourself, be careful to leave enough slack in the cables so they don’t get yanked out of their sockets when you turn the handlebars. And get the spudger tool for connecting the cables - you risk damaging them otherwise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice