Uncomfortable Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker Joe

Über Member
A normal day. Well rested after two days off the bike. Good breakfast and well watered.Fine weather and I felt good. I went off for a 20 ml ride on a relatively flat route.
Legs wouldn't work. Felt like I was riding with the brakes rubbing. (They weren't). After 10 mls The tops of my legs were aching horribly and the ride back seemed to take forever. The legs had no power in them what so ever.
Has anyone else had days like this?

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe you’re sickening for something?

Sharky

Guru
Maybe not quite as bad as your description, but I do have good days where I seem to fly round, then another day when it's not so good. But there are so many variables such as wind, temperature and well being. Give yourself a couple of rest days and try again and don't worry too much about a single off-day.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There are days when the legs seem to do their own thing. Have a day or two off and then get back on the steed. Maybe you had too good a breakfast, that can do for you sometimes.

Johnno260

Veteran
I hit the wall on Friday, I think it was as I hadn't drunk enough water during the day I was having bad leg cramps, and general fatigue.

I literally had to stop and lay down on the local village green.

Maybe if it was a hot day it caused you to struggle?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Everyone has a slow day.Maybe you werent as rested as you thought?

Some of my best rides are when I havent been on the bike for a week or more.

Slick

Guru
It's been a while but I have felt like that on the bike before and I altered my diet a bit which made a difference. It's a horrible feeling that isn't it. Maybe you have been overdoing things in general and your malaise is a cumulative.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Yes, last week and today.
I’ve always suffered from hay fever. I don’t get many outward signs any more but for the next couple of weeks it’s headache, sore throat, achy joints and lethargy. Maybe the pollen has got you?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A normal day. Well rested after two days off the bike. Good breakfast and well watered.Fine weather and I felt good. I went off for a 20 ml ride on a relatively flat route.
Legs wouldn't work. Felt like I was riding with the brakes rubbing. (They weren't). After 10 mls The tops of my legs were aching horribly and the ride back seemed to take forever. The legs had no power in them what so ever.
Check that your saddle position is what it normally is! I have had that problem when my seat post slipped down a cm or so.

OP
OP
Biker Joe

Biker Joe

Über Member
Yes, last week and today.
I’ve always suffered from hay fever. I don’t get many outward signs any more but for the next couple of weeks it’s headache, sore throat, achy joints and lethargy. Maybe the pollen has got you?
No. I'm feeling fine in myself just very weak. My wife reminded me that I was doing heavy work in the garden this last weekend and may have overdone it. Distinct possibility. :okay:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
As @ColinJ said, just check your saddle height. I’ve had the saddle too low in the past and my legs feel painful and tired especially the top of my thighs above the knees. Raising the saddle about 5mm sorted the issue.

I'm having a lot of days like that @Biker Joe . Ive put a lot of down to stress and a dodgy AC unit at my last place. There's also been the deadly hayfever which has pushed me over the edge this year. Thankfully the first two issues are resolved but I think Ive laid back to much and the hayfever has hit worse this year, so whilst I am getting fitter I'm not there yet :-/

Top Bottom