Uncomfortable Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Biker Joe

Biker Joe

Über Member
I'm having a lot of days like that @Biker Joe . Ive put a lot of down to stress and a dodgy AC unit at my last place. There's also been the deadly hayfever which has pushed me over the edge this year. Thankfully the first two issues are resolved but I think Ive laid back to much and the hayfever has hit worse this year, so whilst I am getting fitter I'm not there yet :-/
Oh! Bad luck. I hope your issues resolve themselves quickly.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I also find that I ride better if I wait a few days. It may have something to do with age and the time it takes for recovery. Give yourself a few days off the bike.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm 62 and I'm beginning to think that in summer most cyclists are in a state of permanent mild fatigue.

A heavy gardening session with untrained muscles could need a week for recovery. I've learned that a big gym session needs a few days for recovery.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Trying too hard?

I found my best rides are where I'm not thinking about going fast, just enjoying myself and :bicycle:

That's about right with myself.
Some days I warm up and my legs seem to have loads in them.
Then I go for a ride with Son in Law :sad:
And I realise I'm not really pushing at all on my rides..
Food and hydration play a big part I guess.
Day after a pasta meal I'm far better than I am after fish and chips;)

Beer now that's something else:laugh:

OP
OP
Biker Joe

Biker Joe

Über Member
Update. I'm feeling generally OK today until I try to do anything. Then I find I've got no energy. So I reckon I've just been overdoing it just lately. I'm going to rest up for a few days just doing general day to day stuff with a little light exercise. I won't find that easy but needs be.:rolleyes:
Bike fettling time me thinks.
Thank you for your replies and support. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

GuyBoden

Guru
I don't know if you've noticed, but It has been a bit hot recently. ^_^

Top Bottom