Under heavy fire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Guys,

Since this whole thing at bloodbus blew up (and what a crazy ride it was! - see my thread in cafe) I have been coming under heavy fire on my youtube videos. Far to many to mention. I think about 100 posts in the last few days. I really tied up at the moment with limited internet access. Can I call on you guys to be my heavy artillery?;)

Yeah always going to stir up a hornets nest eh?

civ

I've been giving it a go (I'm oliciv on Youtube), but there's no debating with some people, vote their comments down enough and they won't be visible by default.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Really, which videos are these? I did a "most discussed" search on your username, but I must be missing the comments.

Oh, and isn't that a bit cheeky after not commenting on mine? ;)

I dont think I will bother with UTube...I will just discuss it with you guys on here without getting upset this time and I wont bother with the petrol heads as half the time it seems a waste of time debating with them.Im more interested in road positioning and other things.

Got my new helmet cam btw although it doesn't fit on the handlebars without a modification.

andygates

Arguing with commenters on youtube videos? I can't think of a greater waste of time, and I discuss gun control with Americans for fun.

Srsly, post them no-comments or ignore it. You'll be a happier man for it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm YouTube... all sorts of low life on there..... someone has your alias circulated in other forums - you are going to get loads of abuse..ignore it...

I'd say post on there, expect the crap..........

OP
OP
M

magnatom

In no particular order:

Primary or secondary
My mistake
He's a cyclist apparently
Are you sitting comfortably...
Very close overtake....
Blocking a car
Threat by taxi driver
and a couple of others

Sorry mike for abandoning you. I haven't had time to keep up with my own never mind anyone elses. Lots of family stuff going on this weekend. It is way more important than answering these twerps!

Did you all see the twist in the story about the Paramedic/Paramedsis/Hamilton Nutter.?;)

Pete

magnatom said:
In no particular order:
Did you all see the twist in the story about the Paramedic/Paramedsis/Hamilton Nutter.?;)
I did indeed, and started another thread in Soapbox about just that - do you agree it's worth a separate thread!?

civ

Twenty Inch said:
Magnatom - are you taking these comments and postings just a bit seriously?

duty_calls.png

PrettyboyTim

To be honest, I can't see why you bother with enabling the comments - the videos you put up are bound to cause a certain amount of controversy, and you're bound to get a bunch of people on there giving you hassle. If you feel like you need to respond to them, it's just going to waste your time.

I guess what I'm saying is that you should probably have a look at why you're allowing comments at all, and decide whether it's worth it.

When I put videos on youtube (and I've only put a couple), I turn off comments. Since I worked out how to host my own flash videos on my website I don't bother with youtube, and on my site I have comments turned off as well. If anyone has anything to say to me they can mail me, but I don't see any reason to supply them with a public platform for their opinions.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Wow - you seem to be public enemy number one on Bloodbus, and you're causing some people to open up YouTube accounts specially to post nasty comments (had a look at some of the posters' accounts).

If I was you, I'd disable the comments and leave them frothing at the mouth with no way to vent their small-minded, neddish opinions. It's obvious that these kinds of people will never learn, are born aggressive or - as is usually the case - teenagers who like to be hard-cases from a position of anonymity.

Top Bottom