Under new Management

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
The LBS I use when I need something close to work was closed for a day or 2 last week for "Stock taking".

Now I know why ... The Bike Chain has been taken over by Edinburgh Bike Co-Op

Is that a good thing, or bad? Any time I find myself in Edinburgh, I try to pay a visit to the Bruntsfield shop, which I have always thought was well run with good staff and a good choice of bikes, kit, and accessories. In common with any other bike shop I have been to in Scotland, they are not cheap!

OP
OP
T
Is that a good thing, or bad? Any time I find myself in Edinburgh, I try to pay a visit to the Bruntsfield shop, which I have always thought was well run with good staff and a good choice of bikes, kit, and accessories. In common with any other bike shop I have been to in Scotland, they are not cheap!

To be honest I don't know. I was a customer of both.
TBC was run by a couple of guys, 1 taking front of house control and the other as the spanner in the back. I got a lot of help from both of them over the years and will miss our chats. However I think EBC has a better range of products to offer at a better price.

Canrider

Guru
Have they not kept those same two on? That's unfortunate, assuming they weren't looking to sell up and get out..

OP
OP
T
I first heard about it yesterday and went in to say my farewells to them. They were not around to talk to, just a few guys from EBC.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Mixed feelings about this. :unsure:

I have never been a regular user of any LBS but always found the TBC guys to be very friendly, helpful and chatty. :thumbsup:

EBC can be a bit hit-and-miss, IMHO.

Top Bottom