Under Seige. I feel completely exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Unfortunately I suspect your salary* and council tax banding are going to gain you little sympathy from a lot of members on this forum.

As pointed out above, look on the bright side, we beat the Irish yesterday ^_^

*looking at the Scottish income tax changes gives people a good estimate of your income.

screenman

Legendary Member
As for the roads, each time we have been there we always remark on how good the roads are compared with Lincolnshire.

screenman

Legendary Member
Unfortunately I suspect your salary* and council tax banding are going to gain you little sympathy from a lot of members on this forum.

As pointed out above, look on the bright side, we beat the Irish yesterday ^_^

*looking at the Scottish income tax changes gives people a good estimate of your income.

Why would that be the case though? are you saying there may be a bit of green eyed monster on here somewhere.

I think band H is £225,000 and above after a quick google, I would imagine many on here have houses in that price range, and if further south a bit more.

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Why would that be the case though? are you saying there may be a bit of green eyed monster on here somewhere.

I think band H is £225,000 and above after a quick google, I would imagine many on here have houses in that price range, and if further south a bit more.
CTAX bands are based on value as at 1/4/1991, which I would imagine is very different from 5/2/2017. There's a strong argument for increasing the number of bands.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I don't doubt it for a moment, but I wonder how many properties in Edinburgh are in "Band A Property value is below £27,000: Council Tax £779.33"

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
Thinking about it, the grey squirrel is quite an apt allegory. Aggressive, selfish, pushy, constantly looking for vulnerabilities, constantly gnawing away at all that is good.
The only good grey squirrel is a dead one.

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
Aside from coucil tax, income tax in Scotland is, almost, exactly the same across the board as in England. There is however a change from April this year which, for Scotland, reduces personal allowance by £1 for every £2 earned over £100,000 thus costing the OP and their partner £800 a year more between them.
To be fair, the income tax grab is just a temporary irritant, I won't have to pay it once I'm retired, hopefully not long now.
Its the council tax that's the killer, payable regardless of income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom