Under Seige. I feel completely exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel completely drained. Our lives seem to be under constant siege from everyone else, politicians, criminals, developers, lobbyists. It's just exhausting to constantly be alert to the next threat, to constantly be ready to respond to their every move, to constantly be trying to anticipate their next move. Some examples.

Our council tax will be over £3000 next year - we only see a tiny fraction returned to us as services provided. Bin collection is particularly woeful.
The SNP and Greens have just increased our income tax by over £800 between the two of us, over and above what we would pay if we lived in England
Our investments and possessions are under constant criminal attack
Our internet details and bank accounts are under constant cyber attack
Our potholed and cratered roads look like the result of months of artillery siege
We can only buy aubergines and courgettes on the black market
The peace of our back garden is about to be destroyed by changes to Edinburgh flight paths
Our views and green spaces are under constant attrition from developers
Our diesel car, bought in good faith for its high mpg and low emissions, now appears to be the latest target of the environment lobby, I hear that some London authorities have already started to raise penalty charges against them.
Even our bird feeders are under constant siege, from grey squirrels - they've destroyed several so called squirrel proof feeders so far, we are constantly having to visit garden centres to try new ones.

Is there no end ?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
il_fullxfull.442391877_tcp0.jpg

If you are worried about that list, then you truly lead a charmed life.

D

Deleted member 26715

@Flick of the Elbow wouldn't be in your mid 50's would you?

screenman

Legendary Member
Don't buy newspapers, don't watch news programmes and lead a happy life in your own world:okay:

My SIL has two papers a day and 3 on Sundays along with assorted magazines, she worries about everything even what Brooklyn had for breakfast last week.

screenman

Legendary Member
Going back to the OP, you can change most of the things on that list, I know I did over 29 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom