Uni-Mogs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Perfect for the school run.

D

Deleted member 26715

Very niche I know, but these are the things I cannot see that electric can replace (currently)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Me please !

I'd also like one of these
4ADF82B0-2D7B-4C7B-A5AE-069E99B16D8C.jpeg

Me please !

I'd also like one of these
View attachment 493248
:notworthy::okay:

I've driven a few 101FCs

Bar-Grip tyres are awful on wet tarmac:excl:
That's an Ambulance body
Quite good fun, especially in the urban environment, when Taxis, or B*Ws are near:angel:

One company used to build new chassis, & coil-spring them, as the main chassis-rails are practically straight
Then they'd use (normally) Range Rover axles (as a 101FC is quite light, when empty), thus also adding disc-brakes

Power steering & Tdi engines were also an option
Sadly, I don't think the (LT77 & R380) 5-speed boxes weren't used
From memory, as they were longer. so the prop-shaft angles were even worse than before

Last edited:
'Local' UniMogs

Jacksons isn't far from RAF FInningley, as it always will be to a lot of Yorkshire inhabitants
(aka Doncaster Robin Hood Airport)
http://www.ljacksonandco.com/index.php/search-results-by-description/article/11533

They're based at Misson, on 'The Rocket Site', which was exactly that!
In the 'Cold War' era, when Finningley was a V-Bomber base, Misson was the defence airfield, with Bloodhound surface-air missiles based there!
In fact, they still have one on the launch platform. if you look at the gallery, it can be seen (& the still present layout for launch pads)

One of my my drives-past, I was slightly perturbed to see gun barrels pointing out, to either side of the main gates
I'm still not sure if they were Centurians, or Chieftains??

I always fancied a Pinzgauer myself. Even Arnie has one now.
4x4, or 6x6?

When I had my 7 series, if I slipped it into Sport model and wellies it then the MPG would plummet to 0.4 MPG for a few seconds.
We had a Jaguar XKR (the supercharged derivative)
That wasn't much different, under maximum acceleration

Top Bottom