Unica Nitor Refit Gains Me 2km/hr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

repairtec

Been doing Tech Tests on various saddles two of which have been my favourite upto now, ones an Expedia tuther a Turbomatic 2 manage to maintain 30-35 km hour comfortable along the Durance Valley round here then I suddenly thought I'd transplant the 60's Unica Nitor plastic saddle onto my TT bike result now virually no PWR loss via my rear end, OK took a bit of running in, my bum that is but the bikes taken on a whole new feel, now in the 35-40km range without any extra effort, sort of cutting edge technology :birthday: I equally ditched the fatso 23mm tyres for slimmer Vittoria's but this was before the tests. Another odd thingy is I slotted a pair of worn Look red cleats into the pedals so I could ride with ordinary trainers during working days, after a month of rides early morning and midday rides from work I've found I can sustain higher speeds on the flat not however when climbing obviously, which reminds me of studies done back in the mid 90's that found letting the pedal come up on its own instead of pulling gave higher efficiency, personally I find the Look Carnac shoe to pedal position is too far back for my comfort, the French tend to ride the pedal with their toetips me its with the arch of the foot :birthday:

http://www.hipsternascar.com/2008/11/cinelli-unicanitor-is-back.html

I'll post pix when and ASAPOSS

Latest project Shimano levers on Campag mechanisms :birthday:

Top Bottom