Unintentional Drifting next to Canal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

What fun - I've been out today for a pathetic 15 miles - admittely having great fun in doing so - riding along a muddy towpath, with inch deep watery mud, using 26" by 2" fully slicked tyres - it's the weirdest feeling when the back end of the bike goes out from behind you and you have to countersteer to regain control...

P.S. a mere 3 P-words - I now need a new p-word repair kit... poop...

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've done that a few times on man whole covers and paint on my slicks. not the most fun in the world, but certainly satisfying when you can hold it.

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

definately satisying to hold - I agree - but yeah, It wouldn't be too happy were it to happen on a road with those pesky cars...

02GF74

Über Member
try riding in deep snow - same effect and doesn't so much when you cannot quite hold it.

Valy

I went for a ride yesterday and as I was coming back home (very shortly after setting off :tongue:) to get some thicker gloves I had a sudden drift - it seemed like ice on the road! It was quite foggy and pretty cold, however I did not see that coming. It was a downhill tarmac path and I was not going too slow either (relative to that situation)- maybe 15-20KM/H. :ohmy:

But I'm not really sure about the speed. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom