University Ptoject, just want to know about you and your club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maxi20

I am a final year mechanical engineering student at University. My final year project is to design,market and propose a manufacturing technique for a metallic/ composite road bicycle frame. I am conducting market research to build a larger picture up of the UK Bicycle club scene,its members and what type of bicycles they cycle.

I have constructed a small questionnaire and was wandering if you could quickly answer the questions. This would be a great help for me and my team.

1. Club name ( not essential)

2. Number of members in club:

3. % of male/females

4. Average age of Members:

5. Average spend on Bicycle:

6. Types of bicycle members use, Metallic and or/Composite:

7. Number of meetings:

8. Types of meetings, competitions or fun days etc:

9. Any other information:

Thank you for reading this email and I hope to hear back from you.

S-Express

You're going to need to be a bit more specific. What kind of purpose would this frame be put to? ie general riding, racing, touring, commuting, you get the idea. What would be the proposed advantages be of such a metallic/composite frame. Might be worth googling some info on Specialized's Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) frames of the early/mid 1990s. Might also be worth looking into why they don't make them anymore.

Go to BC for the club/membership numbers. Go to bikebiz or google for research links and info on the biggest selling bikes.

Top Bottom