Unknown bike (local paper nostalgia article)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
An article in the local paper about a Lancaster photographer called Sam Thompson had a photo dated at 1927 of this bike included, maybe belonging to the man himself the article mentions using a bike to get around the area, anyone identify what it is, seems unusual with rod brakes single speed and also drop bars.

All uphill

Still rolling along
An article in the local paper about a Lancaster photographer called Sam Thompson had a photo dated at 1927 of this bike included, maybe belonging to the man himself the article mentions using a bike to get around the area, anyone identify what it is, seems unusual with rod brakes single speed and also drop bars. View attachment 511082
No idea what it is but I like the central brake lever! Looks perfect for a spontaneous vasectomy! Maybe that's why the saddle points to the sky.

oldtel

Hi, possible New Hudson crank, but the fork crown looks similar to a Humber, looks a true all rounder. Terry

avecReynolds531

Veteran
An article in the local paper about a Lancaster photographer called Sam Thompson had a photo dated at 1927 of this bike included, maybe belonging to the man himself the article mentions using a bike to get around the area, anyone identify what it is, seems unusual with rod brakes single speed and also drop bars. View attachment 511082
Lovely photograph (any photos featuring cats are), and unusual rod brake lever.
I don't have the first clue for identifying the manufacturer. I'm a member of the V-CC & the Boneshaker magazine often has interesting enquiries like this. I could forward this to V-CC and see if anyone there can identify the bike.

Top Bottom