Unknown bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You are right, l can't see a left hand lever or the front mech. for that matter ! Will ask son for some more pics of details rather than "arty"angle shots :becool:
Yep, get him to take a shot of the rear dropouts as that 'claw' fitting rear mech looks to hide the integral hanger. It may be the threads are stripped in that or possibly someone just fitted the cheapest rear mech they could find.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Would it not be easier if owner of the bike logged on and posted himself?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I wasn't being rude, I'm as keen to find out about the bike as anyone.
No, no l quite agree, l am impatient to find out more about the bike. Problem is it belongs my youngest son who lives in England and l live in southern France, he has a business to run and my time is all my own :smile:. Ergo, dad what do you make of my £20 quids worth of bike ? Please help .

Alan O

Über Member
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Only possible problem there is that the list says the second symbol is the month and the third symbol is the year. So Malaysia April 1980 would presumably start "ME0" and not "M0E" as shown?

Could M0E22373 possibly be a Sakai, Japan frame number? They used MnXnnnnn numbers when they were being used for Quinn-badged frames - http://classicrendezvous.com/British_isles/Harry_Quinn/HQuinn_registry.htm
This gets more interesting by the minute !!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Only possible problem there is that the list says the second symbol is the month and the third symbol is the year. So Malaysia April 1980 would presumably start "ME0" and not "M0E" as shown?

Could M0E22373 possibly be a Sakai, Japan frame number? They used MnXnnnnn numbers when they were being used for Quinn-badged frames - http://classicrendezvous.com/British_isles/Harry_Quinn/HQuinn_registry.htm
It is possible, did they fit a serrated 'Raleigh' type headset to Harry Quinn bikes?

Top Bottom