Unlocking a phone from a network.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You might even find someone who does it for cheap in the market. If you're adventurous you might like to research it online and do it yourself.

I know it doesn't help with your question but I would advise anyone to avoid Vodafone.

I gave up trying to unlock my mum's with them - online help and guidance useless - was advised to travel 10 miles to one of their shops - staff there even more useless/clearly not properly trained.

I couldn't help but pointedly ask them what the point of the shop was.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I've unlocked several phones using codes from ebay. It's very easy.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
You might even find someone who does it for cheap in the market. If you're adventurous you might like to research it online and do it yourself.
I think you can apply to Vodafone for an unlock network code (UNC)?
You can ask the Voda for the unlock, like every company now.
I got a code from a seller on eBay to unlock my HTC phone for under £2. It only took him about an hour to email it to me. I'll see if I can find it in my order history...

Here you go - Mobunlockingmaster.
I've unlocked several phones using codes from ebay. It's very easy.

Thanks all. Two things I've been told.
.....you only have a set number of votes at entering a code.

..... After unlocking you might not be able to use it on a UK network.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks all. Two things I've been told.
.....you only have a set number of votes at entering a code.

..... After unlocking you might not be able to use it on a UK network.
I don't think you have to worry about the latter, if it's been on Vodafone over here (some countries use different technical standards), and as for the former, I think that's right but one try generally works in my experience.

screenman

Legendary Member
Perhaps you should not donate £50 to ----- and look elsewhere. Don't think he will miss it if you look at his "income stream" on the "When can I retire thread"

Does someone's worth make what they are selling worth less?

To the OP, I bought a phone off of Vodafone and one month later emailed for a unlock code, they were back to me with it in a few hours f.o.c.

Top Bottom