unremovebly battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
With ebikes you can't remove the battery to charge it . What happens when the battery is finished?

Pedantic perhaps, but, I think that should read:

With SOME ebikes you can't remove the battery to charge it . What happens when the battery is finished?

But, I don't know the answer to your question.

midlife

Guru
Should charge be swapped to change ? Not much of an e bike if it can only be charged once and then it’s finished.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Unremovably battery? Deep sadly to the eardroves!
Screenshot_20211018-162955_Google.jpg

So it's a job for the cycle shop.
What bike is it ?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
- you obviously need to be fairly competent in bike maintenance as the crankset and bottom bracket need to be removed along with the handle bars and stem. But I also found the following on Ribble's Q+A pages in answer to a customer : 'The main battery of the X35 system is literally the brains of the operation so it is not quite as simple as taking the old one out and replacing it with a new one. The new battery must first be registered to the bike to ensure that all of your ride data and settings are preserved when you fire up the bike again after exchanging the battery. We have yet to encounter a battery that has reached the end of its lifespan as of yet so we have not, to date, sold one to any of our customers. You can expect the pay in the region of £500-£600 for a replacement which is similar to the range extender'.

Top Bottom