Unsolicited annoying cold calls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I actually don't mind junk mail. If I'm looking for a particular service such as to change my energy supplier then I can choose to read it or if not I can just chuck it.
I object strongly to unsolicited calls. Even if I am interested, I am unlikely to have the information to hand to make an informed decision if they have just rung me. It must work enough times to make it worth these companies employing people to make the calls.
I get my son to answer the phone. He has a ridiculously deep voice and it takes them several minutes of pointlessly explaining themselves before they realise they are not talking to a competent adult!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I get loads of calls asking for me specifically, I take a variety of ways of responding from the well I don't want to talk to you to the opposite and start trying to ask them questions. Next time I'm intending to tell them I'm lonely and it's really nice to here someone else's voice rather than having to talk to myself!

I do regard it as an achievement if they put the phone down on me rather than the other way around! However the are a very annoying bunch. I wouldn't take advice or buy anything over the phone when I didn't initiate the call myself, so basically they are just trying to find the weak and vulnerable! If they are on the phone to me that is 5 mins less that they are preying on someone else!

TVC

I've started a new gsme, answer every question 'yes' no matter what it is, and see how far they get before realising you're winding them up.

screenman

Legendary Member
I finish the call quickly and politely, as I am sure most of the people doing the calling would rather be doing something else for a living. I am on TPS and this stops a lot of unwanted calls.

PK99

Legendary Member
I love getting calls like these, it gives me a chance to be the most rudest, vile obnoxious ***t I can be for a couple of minutes. They usually end up putting the phone down on me.

I alternate between that - cathartic but sometimes not good for my blood pressure - and an ultra polite: "Do you mind if I give you some advice? Why don't you stop wasting your life and my time making spam phone calls and go away and get yourself a proper job?" - always met by silence and a soft click as they cut the call.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't engage, just put the phone down. If they call on my mobile, amd the number is displeyd I add it to my block callers list.

Top Bottom