Unusual luggage racks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While idly browsing through classic rando and touring bike pictures I came across this rather excellent setup:

4702dde895393ff0fc41d90c591e5c20.jpg

I really like the low bar for attaching the rear pannier to the bike so it is low down and behind the rear axle. are such racks still available in this modern era?

Secondly I've been wondering about these racks:
front rack.jpg

What is the name of the bags you would use with these? I can see the bike above has one but "Handlebar bags" searches seem to return shopping type bags, not rando bags. Being in Germany will affect the search a bit but I may be putting in the wrong terms. Any thoughts?

bladderhead

The bag in the top picture looks as though it will drag on the ground.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
While idly browsing through classic rando and touring bike pictures I came across this rather excellent setup:

View attachment 458978

I really like the low bar for attaching the rear pannier to the bike so it is low down and behind the rear axle. are such racks still available in this modern era?

Secondly I've been wondering about these racks:
View attachment 458982

What is the name of the bags you would use with these? I can see the bike above has one but "Handlebar bags" searches seem to return shopping type bags, not rando bags. Being in Germany will affect the search a bit but I may be putting in the wrong terms. Any thoughts?
That would also support a randonneur bag, but you'd need a decaleur as well(Little fitting and bar that goes into the top of the randonneur bag) so the randonneur bag doesn't get all catty-wompus. I've had one, looking to get another soon.

Top Bottom