1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual post ride pain?

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by longers, 11 Feb 2008.

1. longers

longers Veteran

I went out today for 50 odd miles on a bike I haven't ridden since October.

I got home and went for a pee. I got quite an intense burning sensation*. I don't remember having felt this before. It stopped after the second one and things are ok now. Any sensible ideas?

*intense, not at all pleasurable and a bit painfull.

2. col

col Veteran

Just guessing,but were you sat in such a way as to squash your urethra,so it was having to open as you peed?Or possibly an infection?

3. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I sometimes get that on long rides. I always put it down as "one of those things" :angry: It bloody hurts. :ohmy:

4. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Holey saddle needed for Mr Longs...!

5. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

If it went away I would put it down to dehydration making what was in your bladder too acidic -which was maybe why it had gone by the time you peed again, as I presume you were busy rehydrating by then. If it came back it may be an infection. This is only a personal opinion.

I wouldn't worry about a one-off myself, but you may be different.

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Put it down to dehydration - not the bike. Probably won't happen again ?

7. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

This is a fair bet. For various reasons my body doesn't take up water that well so if I don't drink fluids regularly I dehydrate and suffer from the same symptoms.

8. longers

longers Veteran

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't have thought about dehydration but it sounds likely. I only drank one of my bottles on the ride and had a bit of wine the night before. I did drink plenty of water for the rest of the day though.

9. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Well, longs I wouldnt not think of the hole-type-saddle as a standard saddle aint meant for posterior of any type never mind a male !

10. longers

longers Veteran

You're right Yenrod, I got one with a groove, one with a hole and this one which is normal but it's never bothered me before.

Is your homemade one still going?