Unusual post ride pain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I went out today for 50 odd miles on a bike I haven't ridden since October.

I got home and went for a pee. I got quite an intense burning sensation*. I don't remember having felt this before. It stopped after the second one and things are ok now. Any sensible ideas?

*intense, not at all pleasurable and a bit painfull.

col

Legendary Member
Just guessing,but were you sat in such a way as to squash your urethra,so it was having to open as you peed?Or possibly an infection?

Noodley

I sometimes get that on long rides. I always put it down as "one of those things" :angry: It bloody hurts. :ohmy:

Blue

Legendary Member
If it went away I would put it down to dehydration making what was in your bladder too acidic -which was maybe why it had gone by the time you peed again, as I presume you were busy rehydrating by then. If it came back it may be an infection. This is only a personal opinion.

I wouldn't worry about a one-off myself, but you may be different.

ChrisKH

Guru
Blue said:
If it went away I would put it down to dehydration making what was in your bladder too acidic -which was maybe why it had gone by the time you peed again, as I presume you were busy rehydrating by then. If it came back it may be an infection. This is only a personal opinion.

I wouldn't worry about a one-off myself, but you may be different.

This is a fair bet. For various reasons my body doesn't take up water that well so if I don't drink fluids regularly I dehydrate and suffer from the same symptoms.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't have thought about dehydration but it sounds likely. I only drank one of my bottles on the ride and had a bit of wine the night before. I did drink plenty of water for the rest of the day though.

yenrod

Well, longs I wouldnt not think of the hole-type-saddle as a standard saddle aint meant for posterior of any type never mind a male !

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
You're right Yenrod, I got one with a groove, one with a hole and this one which is normal but it's never bothered me before.

Is your homemade one still going?

Top Bottom