Update on an incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akb

Veteran
Not read the whole thread, but did you really need to report this? Seems like a waste of time IMO!

Could I possibly push for compensation to myself? For the stress and anxiety the incident has caused me? Or is that just pushing it a little?
This is a joke right? You were the instigator in this situation. If you had carried on cycling and not made a comment, it never would have happended.

We shouldnt live in a society where people fear other people. I certainly dont fear anyone. I definately didnt fear the person involved.
I hope for the sake of everyone else on CC that someone does lump you one. And I hope you record it. And I hope you report it. Then you can have an excuse for posting a video and not this petty crap.

akb

Veteran
Alright yes I did. But not to the point where he should chase me and threaten me. He needs to learn that it is unacceptable to do what he did

Hahaha! I am not even going to comment on this. Pot and Kettle comes to mind.

Hector

Yes you did need to report this. A reaction of the driver to what was a simple remonstration over the cutting of the corner was unbelievable.

I'm seriously wondering if not just cyclists, but other road users in the future will ever be able to point out someone else's driving faults without fear of being thumped.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 1947660, member: 9609"]Yes Matthew, you are giving cyclists such a good name, keep up the good work - I am very concerned about motorist in your area not holding the steering wheel in the 10 to 2 position, I do hope you can point out this misdemeanor too them.[/quote]
No.

Drago

Legendary Member
If I drove a piece of crap like that I'd be too ashamed to stop and show my face. But then for some reason people don't seem keen to stop and remonstrate with me, which TBH suits me just fine.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Not read the whole thread, but did you really need to report this? Seems like a waste of time IMO!

This is a joke right? You were the instigator in this situation. If you had carried on cycling and not made a comment, it never would have happended.

I hope for the sake of everyone else on CC that someone does lump you one. And I hope you record it. And I hope you report it. Then you can have an excuse for posting a video and not this petty crap.

This is possibly the most unpleasant post I have read on here recently. You should be ashamed of yourself.

akb

Veteran
This is possibly the most unpleasant post I have read on here recently. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Would you like to elaborate a bit more Benb?

I have viewed the video, twice now after Matthew posted twice. Was there any need for Matthew to comment on the drivers actions. No. We all cut corners once in a while. Matthew was on the other side of the road so was not effected. I am not condoning the drives behaviour at all, but I would be pretty miffed with the attitude of the cyclist in this situation.

Matthew, I assume you dont drive. When you learn to drive, you may have slight justification for criticising other road users driving behaviour. I suggest you keep schtum until then and enjoy your cycling. I am sure that someone will not hesitate to lump you one in the not so distant future.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

I have viewed the video, twice now after Matthew posted twice. Was there any need for Matthew to comment on the drivers actions. No. We all cut corners once in a while. Matthew was on the other side of the road so was not effected. I am not condoning the drives behaviour at all, but I would be pretty miffed with the attitude of the cyclist in this situation.

Matthew, I assume you dont drive. When you learn to drive, you may have slight justification for criticising other road users driving behaviour. I suggest you keep schtum until then and enjoy your cycling. I am sure that someone will not hesitate to lump you one in the not so distant future.

Don't be a doofus!

Reactions: gaz

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

FWIW, the driver's reaction to Matthew's comment was sufficient for me to say he was in no fit state to be driving, and by default even being behind the wheel he presented a danger to others. Oh, and by the way, hoping that someone gets attacked shows a level of humanity that is quite frankly disgusting. I hope I never have the misfortune to meet you. Original comment reported btw for encouraging violence against cyclists

dawesome

That driver's going to seriously hurt someone, anyone who threatens violence when their reckless driving is remarked upon is a sociopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom