Update on an incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I never thought of that. Could I possibly push for compensation to myself? For the stress and anxiety the incident has caused me? Or is that just pushing it a little?

Legally, yes the resolution can be whatever you want. Remember it's optional for him to agree to it though.

Morally however, I'd think a charity donation would be more appropriate for this incident.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Sorry about the repost guys. I didnt go to sleep last night so have been a bit groggy all day. I was dizzy when I went out on my bike today and my parents have been persistently saying that I look ill.
I am meant to be going out with the club tomorrow but I might just sleep the whole day. We will see. Sorry about the double posting then.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 1945481, member: 9609"]Just looking at the first part of the video, there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his driving and he wasn't putting anyone in danger. And why were you resting at a junction?[/quote]
I was allowing vehicles behind me to pass. I had just gone up a hill which is too narrow to overtake.

Hawk

Veteran
[QUOTE 1945481, member: 9609"]Just looking at the first part of the video, there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his driving and he wasn't putting anyone in danger. And why were you resting at a junction?[/quote]

I'd suggest there was some potential for danger as he did cut the corner quite substantially. It's difficult to pinpoint the exact visibility this driver had approaching this junction (there is a quick glimpse as Matthew says "see ya" at the end of the first part.

Surely you have experienced cases where you are turning right, in to a minor road, to find someone else flying up to the junction, towards you, at quite some speed... It's unnerving (although if you're in your lane and they're in theirs (which often they are not) you should avoid a collision). Had he met a likeminded person who was "in a rush" coming from the minor road and turning right in to the major road there was a potential conflict, especially if the other guy had decided to cut the corner similarly.

It's just inconsiderate and rude really. Why wouldn't you drive half a metre further over and reduce the chance for conflict with other traffic substantially?

Hip Priest

Veteran
There's no point in going over it all again.

Some feel (as I do) that there was little or nothing wrong with the fella's driving. Others believe it was dangerous. I think what we can all agree on is that the driver was well out of order for chasing Matt, forcing him to stop and threatening him.

Hip Priest

Veteran
[QUOTE 1945698, member: 9609"]Going all over it again ? I'm the only one to suggest the corner cutting at the junction was not that bad.[/quote]

I apologise if you were unaware, but this incident was the subject of a mammoth multi-page thread not long ago, and I feel that everything that could be said about the incident has been said already.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 1945698, member: 9609"]Going all over it again ? I'm the only one to suggest the corner cutting at the junction was not that bad.[/quote]
Keep up, there was another thread about this when it first happened.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 1945757, member: 9609"]
What amazes me though, is Matthew has forgot about it too, especially when he started it and made 38 contributions. That must have been some holdiay he has just been on, to forget all that went on prior to his holdiay. I could do with some time off like like that.[/quote]
I went away and came back with other things on my mind. It was a simple mistake to forget the initial thread so why are you causing an arguement over a very small mistake?

And why are you saying that the corner cut was perfectly fine? If you did it in a driving test then you would fail. Stop trying to cause problems. Go to the other thread and try to state your reason for the guy being in the right at the start of the vid. This thread was started as an update on an incident. I dont want to have this one locked as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom