Upgrade for Cannondale Caadx Tektro brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Hiya people a newbie CaadX (2010) owner here - I'm having loads of trouble stopping with stock Tektro CR720 cantis... I was interested to see if anyone had any better recommmendations of pads cos the standard 420.11 cartridge pads are rubbish. What are these Clarkes pads you recommend?.. are they 55mm like the Tektros? Or are they like those on wiggle listed as 72mm. Thank you. This is darn confusing as there are several Tektro canti's about e.g. new CaadX's have CR710 on them.
Cheers
Simon
PS I have Duraace 1380 wheels (alu rim, carbon elsewhere) if that makes any difference. I am going like the clappers at the moment and can't stop!
PPS Heard a few mention Koolstop but which ones? I'd like the best stoppers poss.

The clarks ones I have are 72mm (which sometime makes getting the wheel out a bit tricky). They are the triple compound ones and seem to work quite well. I recently did the HONC and they stopped the bike well on downhill full on muddy trails, so that's good enough for me.

choddo

Hi again!

Well I put up with the apalling front brakes for a long time because most of my commute ride was on the flat so it wasn't too much of a problem. I couldn't go with the miniVs and still fit my guards on (canal towpath to work is just mud in places and I don't want to get caked). So today I finally had a fork hanger fitted (got it from Edinburgh bicycle cooperative) instead of the headset hanger and it has made a fantastic improvement. No judder whatsoever, almost no squeaking. I think they toed them in a bit too, which I had tried and failed to do a decent job of.

Still think I should have got the Ultegra disc version (even at +£400:smile: ) but at least now I won't be thinking how much I hate it on every single ride!

Might even be able to go back on some trails without being embarassed at the noise.

And this is why the fork crown hanger works; http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...l-qa-with-lennard-zinn-return-to-cross_101807

Toodles!

Top Bottom