Upgrade from hybrid to road/gravel & need some advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xray01

Hello everyone & Merry Christmas.

First a bit of history.....
I have a 14 year old Boardman hybrid that I used to ride on my commute to work. Since changing jobs this has sat in the shed for the last 7 years.
I now want to get back into cycling (mainly for fitness and fun).

Primarily looking for long distance comfort, I would just go with a endurance road bike but would also be nice to get something that can handle the odd bit of off road use, such as riding through the woods with my kids.
So I'm now thinking of one of the more road orientated gravel bikes. I like the idea of a titanium frame, mainly as they are a little more resistant to scratches and general wear & tear. I've read thet the cheaper Titanium frames are now built to a pretty good standard and no longer suffer from the weld issues they had a few years ago.

Below are a few bikes that are on my short-list. I would appreciate any advice you can give as to which would be the best choice (or you may want to throw another make/model into the mix):

• Ribble CGR Ti
  • Planet X Tempest
  • Titus Roadrunner
  • Titus Goddrush
  • Sonder Camini Ti
  • Orro Terra C (this one is CF but supposedly a little tougher than most)

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Spa Sabbath AR1 or Spa Elan for other Ti options

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Hello everyone & Merry Christmas.

First a bit of history.....
I have a 14 year old Boardman hybrid that I used to ride on my commute to work. Since changing jobs this has sat in the shed for the last 7 years.
I now want to get back into cycling (mainly for fitness and fun).

Primarily looking for long distance comfort, I would just go with a endurance road bike but would also be nice to get something that can handle the odd bit of off road use, such as riding through the woods with my kids.
So I'm now thinking of one of the more road orientated gravel bikes. I like the idea of a titanium frame, mainly as they are a little more resistant to scratches and general wear & tear. I've read thet the cheaper Titanium frames are now built to a pretty good standard and no longer suffer from the weld issues they had a few years ago.

Below are a few bikes that are on my short-list. I would appreciate any advice you can give as to which would be the best choice (or you may want to throw another make/model into the mix):

• Ribble CGR Ti
  • Planet X Tempest
  • Titus Roadrunner
  • Titus Goddrush
  • Sonder Camini Ti
  • Orro Terra C (this one is CF but supposedly a little tougher than most)

Thanks

I’d be looking at one of the Planet X/Titus TI bikes using today’s 20% off Code 20BOXING22. Remember there is a limited frame warranty with Planet X but a lifetime frame warranty with their Titus offerings.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Can't really go wrong with any of those (depending on your precise requirements for tyre clearance, frame fittings, etc). To throw another one into the mix- Kinesis Tripster ATR v3. Prices have sadly jumped up significantly since I got mine a few months ago. But a fantastic frame, all the gravel mod cons (1x or 2x, Di2 ready, all the frame fittings, big tyre clearances).

Last edited:
Top Bottom