Upgrade from triban 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Claudia

hi,

I'm looking into selling my triban 3 that has hardly been used and buying another decent road bike to 'hopefully' start commuting to work.

I am looking at spending maybe £500 tops - or just that little bit more for the right bike...

Suggestions?

vickster

Legendary Member
Upgrade the triban 3 with better wheels and tyres if it fits you well. It won't be far off another £500 bike. Might even be able to add a better group set if sourcing used parts

Why aren't you riding it?

vickster

Legendary Member
Try a longer stem first? Adjust the saddle position?

Otherwise, I'd go to Evans, perhaps a Giant store, a local LBS and see what they have in your size and budget, see what takes your fancy and then come back and ask for opinions

Advantage of Evans is a broad range of brands and no hassle test rides (need photo ID and bank card)

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

I thought of going down to Evans too. My triban has given me too many issues with little use, the money I spend on repairs could be invested on a new bike

I switch from my t3 to a Fuji Finest 1.1 C back at Easter last year and it was vocally the best thing I have done and I haven't looked back.

The wheels I had upgraded on the t3 were moved over as well. I had done somewhere around 5,000km on it since Easter to end of October (of my bike at the moment due to a back injury).

I was able to use the t3 to get some money off my new bike from Evans. I went to one of their superstores to look at men's bikes (as I have always ridden men's bikes), but came home with a women's bike and I have to say I prefer the geometry on this bike. I hadn't heard of Fuji as a bike manufacturer but they are a much bigger player in the USA than here.

Get yourself down to one of their bigger stores and have a good look online as well.

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

I switch from my t3 to a Fuji Finest 1.1 C back at Easter last year and it was vocally the best thing I have done and I haven't looked back.

The wheels I had upgraded on the t3 were moved over as well. I had done somewhere around 5,000km on it since Easter to end of October (of my bike at the moment due to a back injury).

I was able to use the t3 to get some money off my new bike from Evans. I went to one of their superstores to look at men's bikes (as I have always ridden men's bikes), but came home with a women's bike and I have to say I prefer the geometry on this bike. I hadn't heard of Fuji as a bike manufacturer but they are a much bigger player in the USA than here.

Get yourself down to one of their bigger stores and have a good look online as well.

I think I looked at that one on the Evans website and it has been reduced. I'll see if they have it on any of my local shops and have a proper look at it. Thanks

outlash

also available in orange
I had a Triban 3 and never felt entirely comfortable with it. Sold it on and got a Cannondale CAAD8 which has done over 5,000 miles. £500 brings you into range of a lot of models, plus there's deal still to be had on last year's models.

Tony.

Top Bottom